Network Vulnerability Scanner
Network Vulnerability Scanner- Smart, user friendly vulnerability management and threat assessment
Frontline Vulnerability Manager™ - Cloud VM Solutions
Frontline Vulnerability Manager (Frontline VM™), a Frontline.Cloud™ system, is the industry’s most comprehensive,
accurate, and easy-to-use SaaS vulnerability management solution—bar none.
With proprietary scanning technology, this vulnerability management solution performs comprehensive security
assessments and helps prioritize and track the results, making remediation planning and management more efficient and effective.
MSMNET Security understands these challenges, along with the fact that most vulnerability scanning solutions simply
do not provide the information, and value, that today’s security professionals expect and demand. Start your experience today with a 14-day free trial.
What is vulnerability scanning?
Vulnerability Scanning is a cornerstone element of any information security program. Scanning protects your information assets by evaluating the security posture of the IP network devices connected to your computing networks across the globe on an individual IP or enterprise-wide basis.
Vulnerability scanning software is used to assist IT security administration with tasks including:
- Identifying Vulnerabilities: Administrators can identify security holes in their network devices across servers, firewalls, and workstations. The automated software can catch as many security holes as possible.
- Evaluate Risks: A scanning tool can classify vulnerabilities to help administrators prioritize threats.
- Address Issues: The right vulnerability scanner can help address any prioritized risks through automation.
- Report Security Gaps: It is important for administrators to show compliance with regulation. A vulnerability scanner can facilitate report creation for a network’s security status.
- Manage Configuration: Misconfigurations and missing patches are major weak points for an attack. Admins fix these missing patches when available, but can often be missed. Scanning for missing patches can ensure consistency across platforms.
There are two key distinctions in the different types of vulnerability scans: location and scope.
- External vs Internal: An internal network security scanner runs threat detection on the local intranet, which can help clients understand security holes from the inside. Administrators should test their network devices as a user to determine which vulnerabilities would be accessible to trusted users of a network. An external security scanner is approached as an evaluation of the wider internet. It is important to scan the network and network devices like an intruder would to understand how data falls into the hands of those without network access.
- Comprehensive vs Limited: Comprehensive vulnerability scanners account for every device managed on a network. Scanned operating systems, open ports, and installed software are identified to find unauthorized network devices. Limited vulnerability scanners focus on particular network devices to reveal a specific security threat.
It all starts with having a network vulnerability scanner capable of quickly, comprehensively, and accurately assessing endpoints and servers for operating system and application vulnerabilities.
A solution designed for scanning large, global networks that enable organizations of any size the ability to scan network devices on a per system, system type, network, and/or region basis. Vulnerability scans are effectively rolled up and correlated with previous scans with patented technology into a full network view for powerful results management and reporting.
An expert network vulnerability scanner utilizing artificial intelligence techniques, enabling rapid deployment without users having to have prior knowledge of devices in the networks they wish to scan.
A results management platform equipped with scan-to-scan host correlation, rooted in machine learning, dramatically reducing false positives and negatives by keeping accurate track of devices over time.